Mundus Senecit: The World Grows Old
A fantasy world inspired by the feel of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying (WFRP), Bab5 and Stephen Kings' Dark Tower. A low and slow magic world that is also mostly human.
The World ...taking shape as we play...
The World Book
Awakenings World Book (pdf,v0.1)
Aspects of the World
- The world grows old
- Things are running down
The Viridean Empire
- At the height of their power they merged magic and technology
- The empire is becoming frayed at the edges
- Decadence is rife throughout the empire
- Peace has lead to complacency
- Has mostly faded from the world
- Power takes time
- Magic is not easy
- A darkness has drained the magic from much of the world
- Magic can be mastered with a systematic approach
- They have little direct influence on the world
- Manifest mainly through visions
- They send messages through their totem animals
- They don't care about us anymore
- The Viridean Empire has suppressed the old ways
- A lesser Panther aspect has grown to greater power
- There has always been something here
- On the edge of the empire
- The Baron is a good man
- Sir William is a forthright bullheaded and trustworthy knight
- Everyone has their purpose in the keep
- The keep is a hub for the nearby farms
In one of the far protectorates of the slowly crumbling Viridean Empire lies a Keep. The keep is perched on a rock outcrop and is surrounded by forest and, more recently, a besieging army. Living in the keep under the protection of the Baron are an unusual group of young people. All of them have the spark of Magic - something that is increasingly rare in recent
Apprentice types on the fringes of the Viridean Empire come into their magic and head out into the world.
Magic and Faith
Magic will be based on the Gramarye with some tweaks for the feel I am after.
Faith is a simple system based loosely on Faith in the Fudge Expanded Edition.
Mundus Character Creation
Awakenings Character Creation (pdf,v0.7) - the guidelines for creating a character for Awakenings, includes rules for choosing Magic and faith based Miracles.
The character sheets
Other Related Games
Scenarios for Commands and Colors: Ancients
- The Northlander Invasion - based on events in the Awakenings prelude.