Tuesdays/Sundays Magic Crazy Gav Bucks Night Format
Return to the Magic Page
This is the Crazy Gav format we played on his bucks night - Friday March 3, 2006. The Crazy format modifies a big team game that happens afterwards - either emperor or multi-headed giant.
What the Talisman Cards and Board Squares Mean
Draw a random Vanguard card which you must use.
Pick one Instant or Sorcery from your opening hand and remove it from the game. You may play it once for free at it's usual time i.e. Sorcery speed for Sorceries. Any X starts at 3 and you can pay more.
Start the game with your life total reduced by the monsters Strength or Craft.
Stranger or Follower
Start the game with one creature from your opening hand already in play.
Start with one Artifact or Global Enchantment from your opening hand already in play or remove an Aura from your opening hand from the game and you may play it once for free at it's usual time.
Start with one land from your Deck already in play.
Playing the Game
- The Talisman Dungeon board
- One playing piece per player
- Several Magic decks for each player
Teams and starting the game
- Players are split into two teams.
- If there are an odd number of players then there will be a sub-game bye which rotates and jumps from team to team as new players arrive
- New Players - once a game is going new arrivals join the team with the lower number of players or the team that last had the bye. Start the new players piece three squares behind the furthest back player.
Phases of the game
- Move - roll d6 and advance around the board
- Draw Talisman Cards - cards will effect sub-game
- Determine Sub-game Opponents - match up with opponent on the same square first and then from centre out
- Play Sub-Game - 20 Life and 30 minutes per Sub-Game; closest to the centre chooses play or draw. Once half the sub-Games have finished remaining games have each player loses 1 life every upkeep.
- Sub-game winners advance themselves and each team-member one square (no interacting with the new square)
Finishing the Game
In finishing order players get the following benefits for the following big game
- Advance whole team one square immediately. +5 life and +3 starting hand in the big game. Each opponent who hasn't finished yet starts the big game with 1 less life
- Advance one team member one square immediately. +3 life and +2 starting hand in the big game. Each opponent who hasn't finished yet starts the big game with 1 less life
- +1 life and +1 starting hand in the big game. Each opponent who hasn't finished yet starts the big game with 1 less life
- (and all other finishers) Each opponent who hasn't finished yet starts the big game with 1 less life
Return to the Sundays Gaming Page